Security, Confidentiality and Usage Guidelines for SLHS MyChart
1. Saint Luke’s Health System (“SLHS”) MyChart is designed as a secure Internet-based environment through which you may receive certain confidential medical information about yourself released at the discretion of your physician. Once you sign up for SLHS MyChart, you will be given a one-time-only SLHS MyChart access code that you will use to activate your account. You will then create your own SLHS MyChart ID, password, and password hint. Please DO NOT SHARE your password with anyone. The individual SLHS MyChart ID and password you choose when you first log-on to SLHS MyChart are the keys to protecting the confidentiality of your information. You are responsible for remembering your SLHS MyChart ID and password and for keeping them confidential. We strongly recommend that you write down your SLHS MyChart ID and password hint and keep them in a safe place for future reference. For your convenience, at the time of your SLHS MyChart registration, we may supply you with a special card for you to write down the SLHS MyChart ID and password hint that you create.
2. The SLHS MyChart program will be available to you by creating and activating your account by utilizing the personal activation code you have received from SLHS and following the instructions for account creation. You can opt out of accessing SLHS MyChart by not utilizing the activation code to create your SLHS MyChart account. The personal activation code will not expire. If you choose to decline the offered SLHS MyChart service, your personal activation code will remain available to you should you decide to activate your account at a later time. Alternatively, if you choose to use the SLHS MyChart online service to create an account, you will be able to obtain an activation code through the online process.
3. Once you have activated your SLHS MyChart account, SLHS MyChart will become the primary vehicle through which you will receive important messages from your physician and selected test results and other personal medical information. (You may continue to receive communications via the United States Postal Service or other means from SLHS specialty physicians). Through SLHS MyChart you may request new appointments and prescription renewals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You MUST provide us with your email address when activating your SLHS MyChart account and keep your email address current via the Personal Preferences link in MyChart. No confidential information will be sent to your email, but you will receive email notification whenever a new result has been released to your SLHS MyChart account. Furthermore, you may receive from time to time important email notices and messages from the MyChart team. You therefore MUST verify and update your email address via the Personal Preferences link to ensure that you receive notification of newly released information in a timely manner. Please Note: Please be sure to check your email on a regular basis and update your email contact information in your SLHS MyChart account if you change your email address.
4. Your physician will be notified when you request an SLHS MyChart account. You will then receive your personal health information as released by your physician in your personal SLHS MyChart account.
5. Never send any messages requiring urgent attention using SLHS MyChart. Delays can occur based upon volume and availability of staff, the complexity of your condition, or technology occurrences outside of the SLHS's control. Therefore, for all urgent medical matters, contact your physician's office, go to an emergency room, or call 911.
6. For non emergency situations, support, or other questions related to SLHS MyChart, our regular business hours are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8 AM to 5 PM.
You agree that SLHS MyChart is a communication service offered as a convenience to SLHS patients. You understand that it provides you with online access to portions of your SLHS electronic medical record and that you are solely responsible for any sharing of SLHS MyChart content that you intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others. You understand that messages will be routed to the appropriate department as necessary for handling and SLHS employees other than your healthcare provider may be involved in addressing your request. Therefore use of SLHS MyChart may not be appropriate if there is sensitive information that you would only wish to discuss directly with your provider.
You understand that not all of your SLHS medical record may appear on your SLHS MyChart. Posting of your medical information is at the discretion of your individual physician(s) and subject to other SLHS Policies.
The SLHS reserves the right in the future to charge a fee for the use of SLHS MyChart. You will be notified of this change and asked to re-apply if you agree to the fee and wish to continue with this service.
Discontinuing Use of SLHS MyChart
You can discontinue your use of SLHS MyChart at any time by contacting SLHS MyChart Technical Support.
You agree that you will not post any offensive material on this site. If we determine that you have violated this agreement and/or abused the use of this service, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to discontinue your use of this service. You will be notified if your SLHS MyChart service is discontinued.
The SLHS has in place detailed policies and procedures regarding access to all medical records by our staff and employees and has carefully outlined the circumstances under which your medical information may be released to parties outside the organization. These policies conform to state and federal law and are designed to safeguard your privacy.
Your Medical Record
As we provide your health care, we are required to maintain documentation of your medical history, current conditions, treatment plan, and all treatments given, including but not limited to the results of all tests, procedures and therapies. Messages you send via SLHS MyChart will be accessible to current and future SLHS staff members who are appropriately involved with your care.
All SLHS generated electronic medical record content is subject to all state and federal statutes governing the security and confidentiality of medical records.
If your physician is out of the office or unavailable to respond, messages sent via SLHS MyChart may be routed to other authorized caregivers within The SLHS in order to facilitate a timely response to your request.
All communications between you and your SLHS health care team using SLHS MyChart are carried over a secure, encrypted connection.
It is extremely important that you keep your SLHS MyChart user ID and password in a secure location and completely confidential. It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your temporary access code and password and to change your password and password hint if you feel that your security has been compromised and the SLHS shall not be liable for any damages that results from your failure to keep your password secure. You can change your password and password hint online at any time.
Copyright and Trademarks
All content included on SLHS Websites, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, button icons, images, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and data (the "Content"), in any form including the compilation thereof, are protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. The Content includes both Content owned or controlled by SLHS or an SLHS entity and Content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to SLHS or an SLHS entity. Except as set forth below, direct or indirect reproduction of the Content, in whole or in part, by any means, is prohibited without the express written consent of SLHS.
Site Access and Licenses
SLHS grants a limited license to each user to make personal use only of the Website and the associated services in accordance with these terms and conditions of use. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale or other commercial use of the Website and the associated services, making any derivative of the Website or the associated services, the collection and use of user email addresses or other user information, including, without limitation, health information or any data extraction or data mining whatsoever. Through this License, you may be able to upload third party data into MyChart or download limited medical information from MyChart to select third party sites.
This Web site uses encryption software. While we use state-of-the-art security, no system can perfectly guard against risks of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure of information. When using SLHS MyChart, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control of SLHS and its contractors. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE. Once the information is received by us, your medical information will be treated as confidential and given the same protection that all other SLHS medical records are given.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Website contains links to Websites operated by other parties. The links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control such Websites and we are not responsible for the content and performance of these sites. The inclusion of links to other Websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on the Websites or any association with their operators. SLHS does not operate, control, or endorse any information, products, or services provided by third parties through the Internet. Use of other sites is strictly at your own risk including, but not limited to, any risks associated with destructive viruses. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of the other Websites.
This site and all other sites hosted by SLHS and the content contained herein and therein are provided by SLHS on an "As Is" basis. SLHS makes no representations or warranties of any kind express or implied as to the operation of its sites, or the content, products and/or services included therein. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, SLHS disclaims all warranties, express, or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and/or infringement.
Limitation of Liability
Some of the material on the SLHS site is provided by third parties and SLHS shall not be held responsible for any such third-party material. SLHS disclaims any responsibility for or liability related to such third-party material. Any questions complaints or claims related to any product should be directed to the appropriate third party.
You agree that the terms of this Agreement shall be governed under the laws of the state of Missouri, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, and shall govern any dispute that might arise between you and SLHS, its doctors, nurses, staff or other affiliates. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with SLHS, its affiliates, employees, subsidiaries, contractors, officers and directors, resides in the courts of Missouri and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Missouri in connection with any claim involving SLHS, its affiliates, employees, subsidiaries, contractors, officers and directors. Use of the SLHS Website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to the terms and conditions set forth herein.